This news piece is taken from the full article
30 Remarkable Health Benefits of Sex
Unadulterated, consensual, fabulous sex is often a taboo topic. Many people don’t realize that in addition to being fun, there are many health benefits of sex—30 to be exact!
If your sex life is lacking, the following information may just inspire you to find more time to canoodle. From pain relief and decreased stress to improved sleep and brainpower, read on to learn how an active sex life can make you a happier, healthier person.
Note: This article is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended to serve as a substitute for individual medical or mental health advice.
1. Sex Can Make You Live Longer
Research shows that people who have more sex tend to live longer lives. This could be due to several factors:
- People who have frequent sex are often in committed relationships. Experts believe that folks who maintain close relationships live happier, healthier, longer lives.
- People who have sex are physically active. Sex itself is a cardiovascular workout, and physical activity is one of the key elements of optimal overall health.
- Sex is a stress-management technique. Sexual activity allows us to relax and unwind from our otherwise hectic lives. Individuals who don’t have effective coping mechanisms—like sex—are more likely to experience health complications and even early mortality.
2. Sex Makes You Smarter
Individuals who have regular sex may experience a boost in brainpower. According to a 2014 study by University of Maryland researchers, sex may lead to the production of new neurons in the brain and improved cognitive function.
The best part? Sex can actually ward off memory loss and dementia!
3. Sex Relieves Stress
Stress is unavoidable. We experience it on a daily basis, and it can wreak havoc in every area of our lives, including our intimate relationships.
It probably comes as no surprise that regular sex reduces stress due to decreased cortisol—the body’s stress hormone—during sexual activity.
Sex can also lead to improved relationships and make us better equipped to deal with daily stressors.
4. Sex Can Alleviate Anxiety and Depression Symptoms
During sex, our bodies produce endorphins, dopamine, and oxytocin, which have mood-boosting properties. Being intimate with your partner won’t cure mental health problems, but the production of feel-good chemicals may bring temporary relief.
Keep in mind that people suffering with depression and other mental health issues may experience decreased sex drive and/or sexual dysfunction. Some antidepressant medications can exacerbate these problems. Talk to your healthcare provider about any questions or concerns you have regarding sex, mental health conditions, and medication.
5. Sex Can Make Your Relationship Stronger
If you’re struggling to connect with your partner, regular sex may help. Good sex requires open and honest communication, which can extend beyond the bedroom.
Many sexually active couples engage in post-sex pillow talk, which can lead to increased intimacy. This is true for folks in new relationships, as well as longtime couples.
To read the full article 30 Remarkable Health Benefits of Sex